These Cacao & Chia protein balls are a yummy and healthy snack that you can take with you anywhere and have on hand for when you get the munchies.
They are packed with protein, fibre & antioxidants.
And they are low in sugar, energy boosting and easy to make!
1 cup rolled oats
1\4 cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp maca powder
3 tbsp rice malt syrup
4 tbsp organic coconut oil
2 tbsp protein powder (optional) I use Beauty Chef BODY powder
40g chia seeds
1 cup desiccated coconut (for coating)
1/2 cup almond meal
2-3 tbsp peanut butter or nut butter of choice (optional)
Spoonful of chopped almonds (optional)
4 tbsp boiling water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (maca powder, oats, almond meal, cacao, chia, almonds, protein powder).
- Melt coconut oil, rice malt syrup & peanut butter in a saucepan on the stove, or 60sec in a microwave.
- Add coconut oil, rice malt syrup & peanut butter (if chosen) to the dry mixture and stir through until combined.
- Add 4 tbsp boiling water and mix through until smooth.
- Allow to cool for 5-10min
- Roll mixture into balls of desired size and roll in desiccated coconut until covered. (Tip: If they are too sticky try wetting your hands).
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until they are ready for you to eat up!
You can really mix this recipe up to suit your own tastes by adding things such as medjool dates (pitted & chopped!), cashews, or by adding ground nuts to your coating, get creative! 😃