These yummy raw choc snacks are perfect for when you are feeling a bit meh 🙁
Maca is an adaptogen, which means that it is wonderful for your endocrine & adrenal systems, working to balance your hormones and nervous system. …It also gives you a boost of energy and can lift your mood!
Raw cacao is full of antioxidants, calcium and magnesium, AND as an added bonus, it’s a natural mood elevator, so it literally makes you feel good!
Not all chocolate treats are bad for you!
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted to liquid
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter – or nut butter of your choice. (If you want to you can substitute nut butter for tahini.)
- Combine cacao, melted coconut oil, maple syrup & maca powder.
- Pour into a small tray lined with baking paper (or choc moulds).
- Drop in spoonfuls of nut butter.
- Swirl the nut butter through the mixture using a skewer or knife.
- Place in the freezer for 1/2 hour
- Break up into snack size pieces
- Store in the freezer so it doesn’t melt, & snack on when you are feeling meh!
- TIP – You can also add some chopped medjool dates or almonds for some added crunch! 😊
* Recipe adapted from Food Matters 🙂